Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bling up terracotta with coloured stones and my Decor in a snap home

This is probably the last post for the year 2013...

I bought this black terracotta pot off a potter in  Kodaikkanal. Love the shape of the pot, but it is a terracotta pot like any other. So I thought why not bling it up for the New Year Parties.


Here is the pot and the coloured stones I intended to use to embellish the pot. For those who live here, it is easily available at aquarium shops by the bag. I used a hot glue gun to stick these stones. Here it is midway through the project.
 

And here is the finished product. I spray varnished it to finish and let it dry for a day. I use it to corral the different plus and adapters which we need for the different gadgets we use - I can never find them when I want one. Hope this way they stay in one place! 


Some tips for those of you who wish to try this at home - Blackboard paint which is easily available in all hardware shops is great to use to paint terracotta and gives a matt finish which I like. I have given this pot one layer of blackboard paint because the pot is rather  old; I rather like its pitted appearance  - gives it some character. Use this to hold objects other than kitchenware. 

As I wind up for the year and sink into New Year prep, here are a few things which I have made and shown on this blog and which take the day to day wear pretty well. I test pretty much everything I make and then make more stuff hoping I will open a store on Etsy... maybe in 2014!

Here is a look at Decor in a snap in my home... from things that have been there for a while to the most recent which would be the angel on the Christmas tree

Here are two old cross stitch patches which I stuck on to laundry baskets using the velcro dots which I showed on my cushion post ( the last one). They've been there for a while and I love looking at them. I don't think I can do that cross stitch anymore!

 Here is the glass tray which I blinged up with some brooches and  earrings. It sits by my bedside and holds my accessories till I put them back where they belong.
And the angel - I made her by sticking a marble over part of a fancy Raksha Bandan ... don't you just love her crown?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
The hair brush container I made using coasters sits on my son's minimalistic dresser on that grunge style tray. And finally here is my custom 2014 calendar. It has funky maps of places we haven't been to yet. Yes there are many more than twelve that we have not been to but I chose the ones with nice maps.


A very happy and prosperous  New Year to all my dear readers!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */