Friday, January 3, 2014

Tanjore style decor for a knocker

 Hello there! I hope you have all had a great start to the New Year.. I have been smitten by tanjore bead decor for some reason and I thought I would post this idea. This aluminium knocker was lying in my trunk where things like this lie from the time they are bought or gifted; till I figure out what to do with them. In my excitement I forgot to take a picture of the original knocker until after I applied a coat of matt black to it. Sorry about that but here is the picture at the end of the first coat


Tanjore is normally done on  gold or brass but I chose black to showcase a rather minimalistic tanjore bead decoration. So I gave the knocker two coats of black enamel paint in matt and started but gluing on a mango motif ( I got this from someone who sells a lot of tanjore work since I don't know how to do tanjore work)



And then started to stick tanjore beads -  which are rather easily available - in motifs I thought would complement the mango. So here is how that went... I like how it came out eventually.


Well, do write in and let me know how you like it. You could also use this to hang towels or napkins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */