Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Decorating with design transfers

Last Sunday when I was cleaning my cupboard I came across this which was basically packaging... yes incredibly beautiful black taffeta bag. I had some transfer paper handy so I pulled out my craft bag and did this.

Here is the how... I transferred the tree of life design on silk which stitched on to the bag, stuck the fancy stone edging around and finished the rim with thick gold coloured rope. As a sling I used the gold chain link which I stitched to both sides and thereby hangs the tale of the bag...


Transfers come out very well on silk or very fine cotton. Here is another one on a silk cushion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */