Simple and effective, this lighting solution is assembled in 10 minutes flat.
I have used
-Miniature paintings done on thin marble
- an ordinary square sided bottle and
- battery operated serial lights (the only ones I had)
You could use
- any set of images copied on a transparency
- a square sided bottle or vase
- batter operated or even electric lights of the correct length.
Assembling this works the same way and is easier if you have a vase so the neck is large and easy to work with.
Here are the miniatures. The fourth miniature doesn't fit so I have to get a vase with larger squares (in time!)
Here is the bottle I had in my pantry
Put a scrap of cloth inside before you begin so that the pictures don't fall in and break.
Insert the pictures one at a time
Remove the cloth carefully and put in the serial lights (mine look ugly on their own!)
and click it on!
Lid it or not, the miniatures come to life through the glass