Wednesday, December 18, 2019


Hello everyone! Welcome back to my new old blog! 
This holiday season I bring you my handmade Christmas tree, with handmade ornaments and here I will give you an idea of how to make some of them.
Here is a look at the tree which is a foraged branch from the community garden



Here I have a scrap tassel, my favourite wire and lace dragonflies, my son’s paintings. and some felt and burlap patchwork ornaments.
First up, the body. Take a little twig, a slightly twisty part makes it more real!. Use Fevicol  and stick a bead for its head and eyes. I have stuck an evil eye 🧿. Next, take jeweller’s wire which is available in most craft shops and wind it round to the twig.


You should end up with something like this. 🖕🏽. Then apply a line oh fabric glue on each wing 



and stick the scrap of lace cut approximately like a wing. Doesn’t have to be perfect! And you have a dragonfly!


Like I said perfection isn’t the thing here! But then it is perfect!
More ornaments in the next posts! Stay tuned!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */