Friday, December 20, 2019

Hello my lovely readers! Popping in for a short bit to bring you a quick and easy party bag or potli , using what you already have. take a look at the end product and you'll see that it's well worth the half an hour spent on it.



We all have bags in which jewellery or other precious things come. this bag actually came with a bottle of spirits believe it or not! Here below is the bag




it's a pale shade of gold and I've been wanting to buy a clutch that colour for a while now and haven't found the right one. So while cleaning my bits and bobs, I found a few things which could turn this into  rather attractive potli. 





This string of 'pearls' I found at my local fancy store. these are treasure troves of all kinds of things! The disc is actually from a toran I bought a few years ago from a Mumbai railway market. Below are the tools I used




Since the pearl string has links, I put the end links into a bigger link and stitched the chain to the fabric. You will need to stitch it at various points so that it doesn't tear with a bit of weight. Then I used the earring loop shown above to keep the three strings together and stitched the tiny eye to the fabric as well. . Next, used fabric glue to stick the toran part to the centre on one side of the bag and stitched it in places as well. The key thing to note here is that everything has to be light.. these kinds of bags will tear with very heavy jewellery bits.


And here I am holding it up



Tell me how you liked this and if you have any queries on how to ! Here are two more clutches that I have blinged up with bits of jewellery.. hit me up if you feel inspired by this post!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */